Terms and Conditions & Refund Policy
Raceworld Ltd Terms and Conditions
By completing this sign-in process, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Release & Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity
You must read and fully understand the following to confirm you are able to participate in this activity.
- I am physically and mentally fit and do not have any existing medical conditions or injuries that would put me at risk in any karting activities and I am competent to do so.
- In respect of this, you participate at your own risk or at your parent/guardian’s risk if you are under 16 years old.
- Spectators watch at their own risk.
- Any person entering the ‘live’ area of the circuit, including the pits, must sign this waiver.
- Children spectating must be always kept under the close supervision of a responsible adult.
- Raceworld will not be held liable for any accidents, or injuries sustained through involvement in this activity.
- We reserve the right to refuse karting to anyone whom we consider a risk to the safety of themselves or anyone else on the premises.
- Raceworld shall not be liable to you for loss or damage to your property.
Behaviour and Adherence to Rules
- You will listen carefully to the safety briefing that you will be given and abide by the rules and guidelines laid out.
- You understand that Raceworld Ltd. expects all drivers to adhere to its rules to ensure the safety of all drivers, spectators and staff, and that failure to adhere to these rules will result in removal from the circuit. In this instance, Raceworld Ltd. will not be liable for any refunds, compensation, or expenses.
- We reserve the right to end sessions or remove drivers from the circuit early if we consider the safety of themselves or others is compromised. In this instance, Raceworld Ltd. will not be liable for any refunds, compensation, or expenses.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown, Raceworld Ltd. will make every effort to repair the equipment as quickly as possible. Equipment damaged by participants' actions, even if done accidentally, will not be replaced.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL LOOK AFTER ALL EQUIPMENT THAT YOU USE AND UNDERSTAND THAT ALL DAMAGES MUST BE PAID FOR.
- Anti-social behaviour on or off the track will result in removal from the premises with no refund.
- I understand the use of foul language / threatening behaviour will not be tolerated and I will leave the premises of Raceworld Ltd for whatever reason when requested by the management.
- I understand I am responsible for the behaviour of my supporters, family, and friends, and that the health & safety rules equally apply to them.
- If you are acting in loco parentis (guardian) for children that are not your own, by signing this waiver you guarantee that the children’s parents are aware that they are participating in a motorsport and are aware of the risks involved.
- Children under the age of 16, regardless of whether they are driving or spectating, must be accompanied by a responsible adult who must remain on the premises for the duration of the child’s stay.
- I understand I am responsible for the safe keeping of any of my goods whilst on the premises of Raceworld Ltd.
The physical design and size of karts operated by Raceworld Ltd may be a limiting factor for certain drivers. Any persons concerned by these limits are welcome to visit the circuit before booking to ensure drivers can reach the pedals and operate the steering.
The following is not a guarantee that a guest will be able to drive, as all drivers must be able to reach the pedals safely and be physically able to turn the steering.
- The manufacturers' guidelines are a minimum height of 5ft 1 inch (1.55cm) and a maximum height of 6ft 4 inches (195.5cm), all measurements are in shoes.
- The minimum recommended weight is 40kg and the maximum weight is 120kg.
- The minimum age for the main fleet is 11 years.
- The manufacturers' guidelines are a minimum height of 4ft 7 inches (1.40cm) and a maximum height of 4ft 11 inches (150cm), all measurements are in shoes.
- The minimum recommended weight is 22kg and the maximum weight is 50kg.
- The minimum age for the Cadet Kart is 11 years.
We also have a twin-seater (Side-by-side) that can be driven by both an instructor and a driver. This is ideal for guests with low confidence, disabilities, or height restrictions.
- The minimum age for the Twin-Seater is 7 years.
- You confirm that you are physically fit and mentally able to take the strain and exertion involved.
- You confirm that you do not have a medical condition that would prevent you from driving on the road or taking part in any physical exercise.
- You have told us of any other medical conditions that may be of concern so we can advise you whether it is appropriate for you or others in your group to kart. These include, but are not limited to heart conditions, back injuries, epilepsy, amputations/artificial limbs, hearing or sight impairments, or any form of mental or physical impairment.
- You may not drive if you are pregnant.
Clothing & Equipment
- I confirm that I am wearing the appropriate closed-toed shoes (no sandals, flip flops, or crocs).
- You are required to wear the approved safety equipment provided by the circuit which includes but may not be limited to a helmet and a balaclava.
- Helmets are provided in a variety of sizes.
- Please note drivers who bring their own helmets must be full-face and have eye protection (Visor/goggles).
- You may bring/wear your own equipment provided it meets our minimum standards and is approved by a senior member of staff.
- If we feel that your equipment does not meet our standards you will be required to use our equipment.
- Loose clothing, scarves, hoods, valuables, chewing gum and any sharp objects must be removed before changing into our safety equipment for your own safety.
- Long hair must be securely tucked into your suit.
- Where necessary for privacy or religious purposes, you may request a private area for changing.
- Footwear must be trainers or similar. High heels, open-toe, slip-on, platform soles and shoes without adequate support are not permitted.
Alcohol & Drugs
- You confirm that you are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers who are suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be prevented from driving at the discretion of the circuit staff, for the safety of themselves and others. You will forfeit any fees paid.
- All karting sessions require pre-booking and pre-payment and are subject to availability.
- You will be required to provide a valid e-mail address at the time of booking as we will send you a confirmation of booking email, which will include a copy of our booking terms and conditions.
- The arrival time for your event or booked practice session is 45 minutes prior to the start time shown in your confirmation. This is to ensure that we have enough time to issue you your safety equipment and hold a safety briefing.
- Failure to arrive on time could result in a reduction of track time, alteration of your event or cancellation.
- When booking, we will discuss with you the minimum required drivers, and confirm this number on your confirmation of booking.
- If you arrive with fewer drivers the minimum payment shown on your confirmation of booking will be due.
- E-Gift Vouchers can be purchased via our website www.raceworld.info and are delivered to your inbox in seconds.
- Alternatively, you can visit the track and purchase them in person at the circuit or over the phone (postage fee applies)
- Raceworld Ltd cannot refund payments made for Gift Vouchers. However, gift vouchers are transferable to other individuals if you have trouble using the voucher yourself.
- All E-Gift vouchers or vouchers are Non-refundable E-Gift vouchers or vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash
- Raceworld Ltd does not accept Liability for lost or stolen E-Gift vouchers or vouchers.
- All E-Gift vouchers or vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
All enquiries and correspondence for your booking should be directed to our head office address:
Raceworld Ltd, Unit 4, Greendale Business Park, Sidmouth Road, Woodbury Salterton, Devon, EX51EW